BiTorrent-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KezdőlapKezdőlap  Szabályok  Gy.I.K.Gy.I.K.  Legutóbbi képekLegutóbbi képek  KeresésKeresés  Tracker Bemutató  TaglistaTaglista  CsoportokCsoportok  RegisztrációRegisztráció  BelépésBelépés  

Mark Wahlberg Addresses The Six Billion Dollar Man Remake Delays

Go down 
SzerzőÜzenet
Joker
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
Joker

Megbízhatóság : 1283
BF - Hírnév : 7
Regizet : 2019. Oct. 29.
Életkor : 42
Hobbid : Forum
Humor : Van :)
Ország : Mark Wahlberg Addresses The Six Billion Dollar Man Remake Delays Hungar11
Kitüntetés : Megbízható

Mark Wahlberg Addresses The Six Billion Dollar Man Remake Delays Empty
TémanyitásTárgy: Mark Wahlberg Addresses The Six Billion Dollar Man Remake Delays   Mark Wahlberg Addresses The Six Billion Dollar Man Remake Delays Empty14/3/2020, 19:39

The star of Warner Bros.' much delayed The Six Billion Dollar Man, Mark Wahlberg, has addressed the constant setbacks that have plagued his adaptation of the hit ‘70s show. Despite the occasional production issue or delay, Wahlberg is rarely an actor to sit on the sidelines for very long. Currently, the action/comedy star is set to begin working on Uncharted with Tom Holland. His most recent outing, Spenser Confidential, which was also an adaptation of an old TV show, hit Netflix on the 6th of March. However, Wahlberg’s other TV show adaptation of the popular Six Million Dollar Man still has a lot of question marks surrounding it.

The Six Million Dollar Man ran for 5 seasons between 1973 and 1978, and it even led to a spinoff in 1976 titled The Bionic Woman. The show told the story of Steve Austin, who was an astronaut, but after a terrible accident that leaves him without parts of his body, he is given bionic limbs, which gives him superhuman strength and speed. Wahlberg has been attached to this project as far back as 2015 when The Weinstein Company still owned the rights to make the film. But after several delays, Warner Bros. buying the film, and losing a director two months before shooting, the adaptation is still going ahead. Travis Knight (Bumblebee) is now directing, and Bill Dubuque (The Accountant) is writing the screenplay. During promotion for Spenser Confidential, Wahlberg gave the latest update on the project.

In an interview with ****, Wahlberg discussed The Six Billion Dollar Man's constant delays and offered an update on the project:

We're pretty close to having a great script that the studio says is a go. We were supposed to get the script on Friday, so I'm hoping by this week coming up, we'll get a script.

Because it's one of those things; I think it's like The Fighter. It's like Uncharted, which now instead of playing Nathan Drake, I'm playing Sully. I think I only got so much more time before I'm going to have to pass the baton to somebody else who's a little younger.

The fact Wahlberg says the script is almost done and they could potentially set the film in motion is perhaps one of the more promising signs fans have heard about The Six Billion Dollar Man in quite some time. As it sounds like serious work is going into the film finally, getting the shooting process underway and getting the much-delayed adaptation out for the audiences to see. Especially now that Warner Bros. seemingly has their own director/writer pair on board, the process should, in theory, be smoother than the last time it was close to the shooting stage.

With Knight and Debuque on board, the signs are looking good for Wahlberg and Warner Bros. Although, considering the number of delays this film has already experienced, one cannot help but feel a little bit of doubt because of the unfortunate history surrounding the adaptation. However, Wahlberg sounds unfazed as he mentioned he has experienced similar situations with Uncharted and The Fighter. Hopefully, the wheels will now be in motion, and The Six Billion Dollar Man can follow in the footsteps of The Fighter and make a film worth the wait.
Vissza az elejére Go down
https://bitorrent.hungarianforum.com

Mark Wahlberg Addresses The Six Billion Dollar Man Remake Delays
Vissza az elejére 
1 / 1 oldal