BiTorrent-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KezdőlapKezdőlap  Szabályok  Gy.I.K.Gy.I.K.  Legutóbbi képekLegutóbbi képek  KeresésKeresés  Tracker Bemutató  TaglistaTaglista  CsoportokCsoportok  RegisztrációRegisztráció  BelépésBelépés  

Conflict of Interest concern delays CAC appointment

Go down 
SzerzőÜzenet
Joker
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
Joker

Megbízhatóság : 1283
BF - Hírnév : 7
Regizet : 2019. Oct. 29.
Életkor : 42
Hobbid : Forum
Humor : Van :)
Ország : Conflict of Interest concern delays CAC appointment Hungar11
Kitüntetés : Megbízható

Conflict of Interest concern delays CAC appointment Empty
TémanyitásTárgy: Conflict of Interest concern delays CAC appointment   Conflict of Interest concern delays CAC appointment Empty27/12/2019, 10:34

We needed to get proper clarity from him on what is conflict and what is not conflict: Ganguly © AFP

Conflict of interest remained a key topic of concern as the Board of Control for Cricket in India failed to appoint a Cricket Advisory Committee in its Annual General Meeting - the first since 2016 - on Sunday.

The reason for the lack of interest for the position of CAC is because of its honorary role, where the members have to work only a few days while also ensuring that they are not in conflict in any other manner -- as a result, cutting their means of earning through cricket.

"We will form the CAC, we met the Honourable (Ethics Officer) DK Jain yesterday over the conflict of interest issue," Ganguly said after BCCI's first AGM since the Lodha reforms.

"So we needed to get proper clarity from him on what is conflict and what is not conflict. Because we don't want to appoint someone and then he gets cancelled, like it has happened with us, the past two times and Kapil Dev and his team."

The two CACs formed earlier (Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Ganguly and Kapil Dev, Shantha Rangaswamy and Anshuman Gaekwad) had dissolved solely due to concerns overs conflict of interest. Speaking on the issue, Ganguly explained, "CAC doesn't have much work. We keep talking about CAC, but the job of CAC is the appointment of selectors and coach. So, once you appoint a selection committee, it stays for four years and once you appoint a coach, it stays for three years. So, where is the need of having a full-time CAC?

"So far it (CAC) has been honorary, so even if you pay, you pay on what basis? There is no regular work, that's why to have CAC as (with) conflict of interest, I don't know whether it is the best thing.

"The conflict law stops everyone. A to Z it stops. It has got former cricketers also, former administrators also. That's why we can't make the CAC, that's why we can't make proper selectors. Like me, I can't do anything. It has to be practical. Conflict should be only for someone like us, who are administrators. Doesn't stop. We're going back to the court for all these clarifications. Some of these are...I don't know where it'll finish."

Even as there is no CAC present currently to appoint a new selection panel, he confirmed that the tenure of MSK Prasad and Gagan Khoda has come to an end. "[If] Tenures are finished, tenures are finished," he said. "You cannot go beyond your tenure and all of them don't finish, so majority of them stay and I think it should not be problem.

"Their term is for five years, they can stay for five years, but what we will do is that we will fix a term for selectors and appoint them... As you must have heard, ICC now wants tournaments every year, that does not mean selectors continue forever. We will have a tenure and we will (heed) to the tenure."

The CAC, in its current form, has the responsibility for appointing the selectors for the senior men's side but not for the women's team. With the tenure of the Hemalatha Kala-led panel also having ended, Ganguly said the office bearers will be responsible for choosing their successors. "All five have finished (their term). CAC doesn't pick women's selection committee. I don't know why but they pick only men's and coach. So we, the office bearers, will pick."

Jay Shah to represent BCCI at ICC CEC

In a role shift, BCCI secretary Jay Shah has been appointed as BCCI's representative to the ICC chief executive committee instead of Rahul Johri, who has been attending the meeting in the last few years. Defending the decision, Ganguly said, "For CEC, the rule is the Secretary goes." While the board president did not divulge details on who the BCCI's representative to the ICC is going to be, it is reliably learnt that Shah is also expected to be go there.

Going slow on the amendments

The six-pointer amendment, which included modifying the cooling off period and the disqualification criteria, apart from taking control off the Supreme Court for modifying the constitution in the future was proposed by the office bearers and will be sent to the apex court for ratification. However, in order to avoid a contempt of court, it wasn't put to vote.

"(We wanted amendments over) Certain things, not everything. We have sought clarification," Ganguly said defending the office bearers' decision. "Six are very few, that does not stop the running of the board."

"It is on hold, we have sought clarification nothing else," Arun Dhumal, BCCI treasurer, added. "There were some media reports that we wanted some sweeping changes. If you go through that, it is that there is some clarification that we have sought, once we (get that), that will give us the way forward."
Vissza az elejére Go down
https://bitorrent.hungarianforum.com

Conflict of Interest concern delays CAC appointment
Vissza az elejére 
1 / 1 oldal